Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shopping Like I Actually Have Money

Hoo boy. My shopping habits have been INSANE lately. Recession what now?

In the last month, I have bought/ordered:
  • Our vacation: resort room, tickets to Busch Gardens
  • Father's Day gifts for my husband and Dad
  • A few birthday gifts for my son
  • A travel toddler bed for my son (for vacation, of course)
  • A few birthday gifts for my husband
  • Shoes for myself (you have to treat yourself, right?)
  • 50 million "little things" at Target that probably add up to more than the above items combined.
I still need to purchase birthday party supplies for my son's 2nd birthday in July; more birthday gifts for my husband, Dad, and mother in law; and some vacation clothes because the whole getting over myself and wearing seasonally-appropriate clothing thing? Would happen a whole lot faster if I owned some seasonally-appropriate clothing. For a resort. And then some more clothes for work. I'm keeping it cheap though - Target and Old Navy are my BFFs right now.

But still. For someone who sweats her budget constantly, this is really out of character for me. I can feel the foreboding credit card bill being printed as we speak.

Looks like I might need to implement a Damn Girl Stop Spending Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment