Tuesday, March 9, 2010

As the Cleanse Turns ...

So the first two weeks of this cleanse thing have gone well!

Although I have had white carbs. And Swedish Fish. And cake. Just not all the time.

And I'm down 7.5 pounds in two weeks so I can't be screwing up too badly ... yet. But, and this is what is bugging me, I haven't really started getting active again. I really need to get me arse on my treadmill. I finally seem to be coming out of my winter funk (thank goodness warmer weather is here), now I just need to DO IT.

One thing I have done, bittersweetly, is cancel my Weight Watchers online account. It was great for helping me lose my pregnancy weight and then some, but I've stalled so much and I haven't been using it and by now, I know what portions to eat. I know when I've eaten too much. It's not about awareness for me anymore; it's about something emotional for me that an online tracker just can't address. I did have good progress with it though and do recommend it for those who need a good place to start for their weight loss.

I've also taken some other steps to help with some other things that have been holding me back ... not sure whether I want to open up about that yet or not. I feel like it's too early right now.

But yes, good progress so far! Let's see ... about 8 months until the bridesmaid dress.32.5 pounds to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment